Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pets vs. Nature

This sweet chipmunk was made by Tracye Mueller and you can find it in her etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/77790048/chippi-the-chipmunk-needle-felted 
I just love her work, she makes the most darling birds in addition to the cutie above.

This is Daffy. We harbour a killer at our house. Yesterday he ate a chipmunk. My husband and my son saw him do it, but they didn't tell me until Daffy barfed in the wee small hours. For the last two years, we have had a delightful chipmunk family living in our garden. Yesterday's murder was the first this year, second in total. I know cats are hunters by nature, but STILL!!!

This is Zuma. (Zuma is terrified of Daffy and lives in constant fear). Unfortunately, Zuma is not terrified of skunks and got sprayed in the face yesterday morning. A powerful stench has invaded the front part of our yard. Zuma did not enjoy the face scrubbing she had to endure and still smells vaguely of skunk today.

Posted by PicasaThis little stinker can be found in my shop here: http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.189798378.jpg
I am hoping NOT to see a real one ever again.

2 comments: