Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Sea Creatures

I could do a whole posting about how frustrating blogger is, but I will try to focus on the photos!
I made a whole batch of starfish over the weekend.  I tried them earlier in the year, but I couldn't get a pattern to work. Suddenly I had it figured out and made quite a few! Check them out in my shop here
                       
Then I got inspired to sew up some shells.  There's a starfish, a clam with a felt pearl, a tiger cowrie, a mussel and a striped spiral.
These were fun to make.  You can view them in my etsy shop here :
I tried to make a few more this morning, but the inspiration was gone!


This bag for sea creatures is back in the shop after being absent for a while.  Sometimes it is hard to find the right materials when you're trying to use repurposed.  I finally found a thick wool blanket that was just right.  I think it is handwoven.
Here's a close up of the pearl inside the clam.  The clam and the mussel are lined in silk.
That's all for now. It's a mirale I got this posted.  Picasa has done away with their direct upload to blogger and I was a bit lost doing this posting!
Check out my other sea creatures in my shop here: sea animals


No comments:

Post a Comment